The Right Choice for Fertility
Cinnal-F (Follitropin alpha)
One ampoule of solvent contains 1 ml water for injection
One vial of powder contains 5.5 micrograms of follitropin alfa, equivalent to 75 IU
What is Cinnal-F?
Cinnal-F (Follitropin alfa) is a recombinant DNA origin based hormone identical to follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) produced by the pituitary gland. FSH helps to develop eggs in the ovaries.
Cinnal-F is used as a fertility medicine to develop eggs in women who have not been able to become pregnant because of problems in ovulation.
Cinnal-F is also used as a fertility medicine to help men with low sperm counts produce more sperms.
What is Cinnal-f used for?
• It is used to help women get pregnant.
• It is used to help make sperm.
• It may be given to you for other reasons. Talk with the doctor.
What should I know BEFORE taking Cinnal-F?
If you have an allergy to follitropin alfa or any other part of this drug.
If you are allergic to any drugs like this one, any other drugs, foods, or other substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had, like rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other signs
If you have any of these health problems: Adrenal gland disease, brain tumor, pituitary gland disease, or thyroid gland disease, a tumor in your female organs, enlarged ovaries or ovarian cysts, or vaginal bleeding where the cause is not known, urinary tract bleeding, heavy or irregular bleeding from your uterus or vagina, permanent damage to the testes, blood-clotting problems or breathing problems (eg, asthma)
If you are pregnant or may be pregnant. Do not take this drug if you are pregnant.
Your doctor will do blood/medical tests (e.g., estradiol blood levels, ultrasound) to find the right dose for you and to decide when to inject the next medication (hCG).
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take this drug with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
How should I take Cinnal-F?
- Cinnal-F is usually administered as an injection at your doctor's office, hospital, or clinic. You can use it at home if you was learnt how to use it and by permission of your doctor.
- This medicine comes with a Patient Information Leaflet. Read it carefully.
- Understand and use the proper method of preparing the medicine if you are going to prepare, Learn all preparation and usage instructions in the product package
- Wash your hands with soap and water and use a clean work area to prepare your injection.
- Make sure you clearly understand and carefully follow your doctor's instructions how to give yourself an injection, including using the proper needle and syringe.
- Before using, check this product visually for particles or discoloration. If either is present, do not use the liquid.
- One or more ampules of Cinnal-F should be dissolved in one mL of Sterile Water for Injection, (concentration should not exceed 225 IU/0.5 mL) and administered subcutaneously immediately.
- Dosage and length of treatment are based on your medical condition and response to treatment. Your doctor will do blood/medical tests (e.g., estradiol blood levels, ultrasound) to find the right dose for you and to decide when to inject the next medication (hCG).
- Remember to rotate the site of injections to different areas to prevent skin problems.
- Throw away needles, syringes, bottles, and unused medicine after the injection in a safe manner.
- If you miss a dose of Cinnal-F, contact your doctor right away.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away.
- If you have any question, ask your doctor or call us at CinnaGen for nursery and free education in your city.
- Tell your doctor when you use the last dose of Cinnal-F. Cinnal-F often requires that another hormone called human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) to be given as a single dose the day after the last dose of Cinnal-F.
What should I know while taking Cinnal-F?
Tell dentists, surgeons, and other doctors that you use this drug.
Safe and effective use of Cinnal-F requires monitoring of ovarian response with serum estradiol and vaginal ultrasound on a regular basis.
This drug may raise the chance of getting pregnant with more than one baby.
The chance of pregnancy outside of the uterus (ectopic pregnancy) may be raised in some women. Talk with your doctor.
Limit working out while undergoing ovarian stimulation. Talk with your doctor.
This drug may cause harm to the unborn baby if you take it while you are pregnant.
Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Acne, breast pain or growth, discomfort at the injection site, headache, sinus infection, stomach upset, tiredness
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider or us at CinnaGen. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
Pregnancy and lactation
X, this means Studies in animals or humans have demonstrated fetal abnormalities and/or there is positive evidence of human fetal risk based on adverse reaction data from investigational or marketing experience, and the risks involved in use of the drug in pregnant women clearly outweigh potential benefits
It is not known whether this drug is excreted in human milk. Decision should be made by your doctor whether to discontinue nursing or to discontinue the drug
How should I store Cinnal-F?
Keep out of reach of children.
Should be stored at 2 - 8˚C.
Should not be used, after the expiry date on the label. Should not be exposed to direct light.
Any unused portion should be discarded.
Do not use the liquid obtained after reconstitution if it is not clear or you can see particles floating in it.