A Big triumph for medical society
CinnaFact (Buserelin acetate)
Vial 5.5 mg/5.5 ml (1mg/ml)
What is CinnaFact?
The pituitary gland produces and stores various hormones, including the sex hormones, luteinising hormone (LH) and follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH). In women, FSH and LH cause the production of oestrogen by the ovaries and help control the menstrual cycle.
The amount of LH and FSH released from the pituitary gland is controlled by another hormone, called gonadorelin (LHRH). Gonadorelin acts on LHRH receptors in the pituitary gland, causing the release of LH and FSH and hence the subsequent production of oestrogen in women. LH although leads to production of testosterone in men testis.
CinnaFact (Buserelin) is a synthetic form of gonadorelin. Initially, buserelin causes an increase in the amount of FSH and LH released from the pituitary gland, with resulting increase in oestrogen production. However, chronic administration of buserelin desensitises the pituitary gland. This means that it produces less and less FSH and LH, which in turn stops the production of oestrogen in women. This reduction in the level of oestrogen is used to treat endometriosis.
Endometriosis is a condition where tissue resembling the womb or uterus lining (endometrium) grows in other sites in the body. The growth of this tissue is stimulated by oestrogen, so decreasing oestrogen levels with buserelin will stop the growth of this tissue, thereby relieving symptoms.
Buserelin is also used in fertility treatment. In women who are infertile due to problems with their natural ovulation, it is used desensitise the pituitary gland and stop the natural production of FSH and LH. Synthetic FSH, LH and hCG (gonadotrophins) are then administered to artificially stimulate ovulation.
Buserelin is also to treat advanced prostate cancer. Prostate cancer depends on the hormone testosterone to grow. Buserelin works by stopping the production of testosterone in the body. It does this by stopping the pituitary gland from making luteinising hormone (LH). Luteinising hormone stimulates the testicles to make testosterone. Lowering the level of testosterone in the body can shrink a prostate cancer or stop it growing.
What is CinnaFact used for?
- It is used to treat endometriosis.
- It is used to treat prostate cancer.
- It is used to treat fertility in women.
- It may be given to you for other reasons. Talk with the doctor.
What should I know BEFORE taking CinnaFact?
If you have an allergy to buserelin or any other part of this drug, tell your doctor.
If you are allergic to any drugs like this one, any other drugs, foods, or other substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had, like rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other signs.
If you have vaginal bleeding and have not been to your doctor.
If you are pregnant or may be pregnant. Do not take this drug if you are pregnant.
If you are breast-feeding. Do not breast-feed while you take this drug.
If you have metabolic bone disease, eg osteoporosis.
If you have diabetes. People with diabetes should monitor their blood sugar carefully during treatment with this medicine.
If you have high blood pressure, depression or high cholesterol tell your doctor. All of these conditions can be affected by Cinnafact treatment.
It is better to have a bone density test. Talk with your doctor.
Women with endometriosis should stop taking any oral contraceptives before starting treatment with this medicine. You should use alternative, non-hormonal methods of contraception such as condoms to prevent pregnancy during treatment. This is because although this medicine will stop ovulation, if treatment is interrupted even for only a few days, ovulation may occur and there is a risk of pregnancy.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take this drug with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
How should I take CinnaFact?
- CinnaFact is administered as an injection at your doctor's office, hospital, or clinic. You can use it at home if you was learnt how to use it and by permission of your doctor.
- This medicine comes with a Patient Information Leaflet. Read it carefully.
- Understand and use the proper method of preparing the medicine if you are going to prepare, Learn all preparation and usage instructions in the product package
- Wash your hands with soap and water and use a clean work area to prepare your injection.
- Make sure you clearly understand and carefully follow your doctor's instructions how to give yourself an injection, including using the proper needle and syringe.
- Before using, check this product visually for particles or discoloration. If either is present, do not use the liquid.
- Use for subcutaneously injection only at equal time interval
- Dosage and length of treatment are based on your medical condition and response to treatment.
- Remember to rotate the site of injections to different areas to prevent skin problems.
- Throw away needles, syringes, bottles, and unused medicine after the injection in a safe manner.
- If you miss a dose of CinnaFact, contact your doctor right away.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away.
- If you have any question, ask your doctor or call us at CinnaGen for nursery and free education in your city.
What should I know while taking Cinnal-F?
Tell dentists, surgeons, and other doctors that you use this drug.
This drug may raise some hormone levels in your body during the first few weeks of taking it. Disease signs may get worse before getting better. Tell your doctor if you have any new signs or if your disease signs are worse for longer than a few weeks after starting this drug.
Have blood work checked as you have been told by the doctor. Talk with the doctor.
Have a bone density test. Talk with your doctor.
Use birth control that you can trust to prevent pregnancy while taking this drug.
Birth control pills and other hormone-based birth control may not work as well to prevent pregnancy. Use 2 kinds of birth control while taking this drug
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat, more bone pain after 2 to 4 weeks of care, not able to pass urine, sudden change in eyesight, eye pain, or irritation, feeling very tired or weak, more trips to the bathroom, more thirst, or weight loss.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you notice any effects that are not listed here, discuss them with your doctor or contact us at CinnaGen.
Pregnancy and lactation
Always inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy, before using any medicine.
- This medicine must not be used in women who are already pregnant, because it may be harmful to a developing baby.
- Women being treated for infertility must have a pregnancy test to make sure they are not pregnant before starting this medicine. This medicine should then be stopped on the day you are given hCG (human chorionic gonadotrophin) to stimulate ovulation.
- Women with endometriosis should use non-hormonal methods of contraception such as condoms to prevent pregnancy during treatment with this medicine. This is because although this medicine will stop ovulation, if treatment is interrupted even for only a few days, ovulation may occur and there is a risk of pregnancy. If you think you could be pregnant during treatment, stop using this medicine and consult your doctor immediately.
- This medicine passes into breast milk. Women who are having treatment with this medicine should not breastfeed. Seek further medical advice from your doctor.
How should I store CinnaFact?
Vials of CinnaFact should be stored between 2-25° C in the original container.
Protect from light and heat.
Do not freeze.
Do not use beyond the expiration date printed on the container label.
The product can be kept up to 20 days after the first opening when stored at room temperature.
Keep in a safe place out of reach of children